Blogging Baggins!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Backside Drivers

Why do people insist on driving right up your backside? I had a real case of it this morning. Driving through Hassocks towards the A23 I was driving at the speed limit and the guy behind in a 4x4 insisted on sitting on my rear bumper. I mean if he had been any closer I could have given him a piggy back. Then to make matters worse he put his headlights on and as he was directly behind me they literally dazzled my rear view mirror so I couldn’t see anything.

Eventually he got the message that no matter how far up my a*** he sat I was not going to go any faster and so dropped back to a more sensible distance. What really made me question his driving was when we reached the A23 he trundled along at around 50 miles an hour, so he was obviously not in a hurry to get anywhere so WHY insist on being that close to me on the country roads?????

I hate that, inconsiderate drivers, particularly on a Monday morning – there really is no need for it. I personally think people should be banned from driving 4x4 Land Rover type affairs unless they can prove that it has been used off road at least once in its entire driving life time and not just used to drop Little Johnny off at school or to annoy other drivers on a Monday morning.

Grrrrrrr – rant over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home