Blogging Baggins!

Friday, May 06, 2005

A Hitchhiking Wasp

So there i was happily watching a 'Sex And The City' DVD, eating a stir fry accompanied by a glass of nice red wine when what should i spy out the corner of my eye???? A goddamn wasp just ambling its way across the carpet.

Now this was on par with a national emergency because A. i'm allergic to wasps and B. there was no one else in the house except me. So in a mad panic I abandoned my dinner, ran to my room and found the biggest book i could find - Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, returned to the living room and dropped it from a great hight onto the wasp in the hope it would squash the damn evil insect.

I dropped it, i missed, and the dopey wasp (which I think was at deaths door anyway since it was just walking rather than madly flying around) just walked straight over it. I was shaking by this point and then had to pick up the book and put it on top of the wasp which I thought may have done the trick.

However when I went to bed I was afraid it may crawl out and hunt me down to seek its revenge so I gingerly removed the book, put a plastic beaker over it and then the book on top of the beaker just to make sure it couldnt get me. Yes I am that scared of them - the spawn of Satan they are (a bit like mushrooms!!!)


Thanks to Simon for getting rid of it for me ... eventually!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home