Blogging Baggins!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Vampires

Being a good citizen I figured it was about time I went to give blood. I had tried a couple of months before when the National Blood Service visited work, but as I had a cold I was told I wasn't able to give blood.

So I trotted off with Simon for my virgin blood giving experience. 25 mins after arriving Simon was settling down with his tea and biscuits taking comfort in the knowledge that he had once again donated. However, for me it was a slightly different experience.

First they couldn't find a vein but after a lot of prodding and poking in both arms they found one which they thought would do. Then when they got a line it the blood flow kept stopping and they had to move the needed to get it going again. At one point the nurse suggested they hung me upside down to get it out!!!

However, I did manage to finally give a full donation and even have the bruises to prove it ...





I must say the bruise is not the fault of anyone at the National Blood Service; I bruise very easily. It is an amazing thing to do and no one should be put off by this experience. I will certainly be visiting the vampires again! It is worth it to think you could help another person - and I got Jammy Dodgers afterwards! Hoorah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home