Blogging Baggins!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I hate public transport because ...

The other day I was chatting to El about the fact that since we moved I drive around Brighton a whole lot more than I used to. I couldn't work out why, but today's public transport nightmare reminded me of why I opt to jump in the car more often than not.

Tonight the My Brighton and Hove volunteers had been invited to go to the history centre for a few drinks to celebrate the hard work put in by some of the group on the Brighton Boozers project. On the promise of wine I decided not to drive but to have a few glasses and enjoy the free vino. What a mistaka to maka!

First off I was running late and so decided to catch a bus to town as I though it would be quicker than walking. So there I sat at 1715 impatiently waiting for the bus which was supposed to have turned up ten minutes ago cursing the bus company and questioning why we pay our council tax. Anyway, it the bus turned up and I made it on time to the event.

So, then I left the history centre and decided again (stupidly) that it would be quicker for me to catch a bus home than walk especially as I was wearing heels, so I went to the bus stop opposite Boots. I had just missed one bus and there wasn't another for 1 hour. So I marched up the hill to the station to catch a train back. Got to the station and the train was due to leave in 10 mins, so I went to a self service ticket machine. MISTAKE! You can get a ticket to Outer Mongolia but a ticket to Preston Park Station? No chance. Soooooooooooo then I had to queue in the office for a ticket, so naturally I missed the train because they take so long to serve people. Anyway, to cut what seems like a long story short, I made it to Preston Park station at 8pm, a whole hour after leaving the History Centre. This really makes no sense to me. Why does it take so long to get across Brighton?????? I swear sometimes its worse than London.

Next time I'm taking the car.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home